(Fighting Fate #1)
Publication date: October 31st 2013
Genres: Paranormal, Romance, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Nothing can stand in the way of outspoken, rule-breaker-extraordinaire; Kaddy Richston…except destiny. She set her sights on being in a rock band and leaving her small Wyoming town along with the painful memories of her past.
But destiny had other plans for her.
The observant Cole Huntington enters her life and becomes the bump in the road Kaddy is trying to pave for her future. Striking blue eyes, features to make any girl swoon, he’s everything but the new-to-town bad boy. Calm, cool, and always collected, he plans on unraveling every one of Kaddy’s dark secrets.
Kaddy is determined to undermine whatever intentions he has until she learns of a destiny she never asked for. The only person she can turn to for answers is the last person she’d want help from: Cole Huntington, who seemed to dislike her rule-breaking as much as she dislikes his rule-following.
Guest Post by Paulina Ulrich
Hi all! Author Paulina Ulrich here and it’s great to be guest posting! I thought I’d share 10 things you didn’t know about Kaddy Richston. For those of you who haven’t read CHOSEN or CHANCES in my Fighting Fate series, Kaddy is the main character and she stems from a long line of Nordic goddesses. She’s also the drummer in a band with her 3 best friends and is in denial about her romance with the calm, cool, and always collected Cole Huntington. Anyway, here’s 10 fun things I thought I would share with you:
- Kaddy’s birthday is November 3rd.
- Her favorite candy is peanut M&Ms.
- Her name sounds and is pronounced exactly like ‘caddy’ which is a word commonly associated with someone who helps on a golf course. As in a golf caddy!
- Kaddy applied and was accepted into college to study music, but instead turned down the offers to pursue her dream of playing in a rock band.
- Kaddy and her friends founded their band, Post Modern Love, at the age of 15 after Kaddy spent years teaching herself to play the drums.
- Kaddy and her best friend Mike once tried to steal a bag of biscuits from their hometown diner and were caught. Their punishment? Kaddy got to keep the biscuits and Mike was offered a job.
- Upon realizing how much Cole likes to read, Kaddy keeps a list of book recommendations for him in case he runs out of things to read.
- Her favorite animal is the hummingbird and there are a few reasons why.
- One of Kaddy’s favorite hobbies is to sleep.
- Last but not least, she has philophobia, the fear of falling in love.
I hope you enjoyed those fun facts about my protagonist! I tried to list ones that aren’t mentioned in the novels, but if you’d like to get to know Kaddy, Cole, and the gang, snag your copy of CHOSEN and CHANCES or check out my website (www.paulinaulrich.com) for info and updates.
After receiving her BA in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing, she now writes full time with, of course, her cats to keep her company. She is the author of the Flightless Bird series, the award nominated Fighting Fate series and many more stories to come. She also writes nonfiction and has been published in various literary magazines. When she’s not writing, reading, or doing author-y stuff, she’s out buying way too many cute shoes…
- Winner 1: A signed paperback of Chosen, a handmade ribbon & charm bookmark based on the book (made by author!), a pack of m&m’s (Kaddy’s favorite candy from the book), & a Kindle copy of the sequel Chances.
- Winner 2: Kindle copies of Chosen & Chances