Over the weekend I was nominated by Silvy at Books Are My Life for a three day quote challenge. So first off let me thank her. Though she may not know it, I actually enjoyed the prospect of trying to figure out which quotes to incorporate and was surprised by how easy it was to find ones I enjoyed. I’ve never been much of a quote person, so it was interesting to find ones that are fitting for my taste in literature as well as my personality.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Publish a quotes on 3 consecutive days on your blog. The quote can be one of your own, from a book, movie, or from anyone who inspires you.
- Nominate 3 more bloggers each day to carry on this endeavor.
Today’s quote is from one of my favorite books of all time. Based in what seems to be a utopia, it because alarming clear to the main character that things are far from perfect. In fact, the world he lives in is so muted, even feelings, music and color no longer exist. Despite all that is lost, the act of deception is still heavy within the community, as there are certain aspects such as both the elderly and sickly are forcibly euthanized, without any truth of this situation being revealed to all. This particular quote is from Jonas’s fully beginning to understand his part in the community and how he alone can question any and all things. But while this seems to be a powerful gift, it doesn’t guarantee if he would ever be given the truth, as no one else is clear about his freedoms.
- Ashley from The World According to Me, Myself and I
- Erika from Books The Thing
- Anyone who reads this post! I would love to see more people do this. So please feel free to link me your posts if you decide to do this as well!
If you decide to do this challenge, then I look forward to reading your posts! If not, no worries. After all, this is all in good fun! 😀