This morning was my local library’s book sale. In order to get the best chance at finding something good, I decided to show up first thing. I live in a relatively small town, so you can imagine how surprised I was to find a line of people waiting for the library to open. As the doors opened and I finally got inside, I sent my son to return all of our books to the librarian and I immediately headed over to the paperback section. It only took twenty minutes from start to finish, but I managed to walk out with twenty-five books for only $9!
Of course, I noticed the series books and more mainstream authors as I was looking. This is a bad habit, but in a few days they’ll have a day where we can bring in a bag and fill it with as many books as possible for $1. I’ll probably head back, see what’s available and really just look for new books from authors I’ve never read before.
Here’s my loot from today’s visit:
- Janet Evanovich’s Stephenie Plum series #1 – #20
- Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophie Kinsella
- An old reprint of Pinocchio by C. Collodi (to go with my 1944 Wizard of Oz)
- Back to the Moon by Homer H. Hickman, Jr.
- Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar
- Gossip Girl: You’re the One That I Want by Cecily von Ziegesar
So yeah, it’s not a lot of variety. But at least I tried and I will make a better effort in a day or two when more of the mainstream authors have been scooped up. I saw several from James Patterson and Anne Rice, but I was fairly certain I had the books or at least the ebooks. At the very least, I know my New Year’s Resolution will be to be more adventurous with my reading.