With my ARCs piling up left and right, I decided to go easy on my library requests this week. In an attempt to avoid burning myself out, I decided to look for things I could easily read in between my scheduled ARCs and other library books.
As you can see, there are also some not book-related items in this week’s loot. I have been trying to rewatch the previous seasons of Heroes before tuning in to Heroes:Reborn this fall. My timing is off and I’m going to have to decide whether or not to watch the new series when it airs. But at least I’m trying to renew my memory about the premise of the show.
I also finally made it to the top of the hold list for The Duff. Sadly, I haven’t had a chance to read the book, despite the fact I’ve checked it out a few times this year. Unfortunately, it’s a really popular book in lieu of the movie release and every time I’d finally make time for it, it’d be on hold for someone else. Gotta say, I’m not fond of library fines, so I will just have to compare the two at a later date.
This week’s library loot includes:
- American Vampire Vol. 1 by Scott Snyder, Rafael Albuquerque, and Stephen King
- The Massive: Black Pacific by Brian Wood, Kristian Donaldson, Garry Brown and Dave Stewart
- X-Men/Indestructible Hulk/Superior Spiderman: The Arms of the Octopus by Mike Costa
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long Way Home by Joss Whedon and Georges Jeanty
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- The Scarlet Letter Society by Mary T. McCarthy
- The Time Warp Trio #2: The Not-So-Jolly Roger by Jon Sciezka
- Heroes Season 2
- The Duff
What did you pick up from the library this week? Or what are you planning on putting on hold? Leave me a comment and let me know!